Bachelor’s degree in agricultural engineering, biological engineering or any related course.
- Work in the agricultural industry to design structures, equipment, and processes.
- Work in areas such as power systems and machinery design, structural and environmental engineering, and food and bioprocess engineering.
- Develop ways to conserve soil and water.
- Improve the processing and storage of agricultural products.
- Specify functional requirements during development phase.
- Integrate components into the final design.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety.
- Test products thoroughly for safety issues and defects.
- Use computers extensively to produce and analyze designs.
- Generate specifications for parts.
- Control the efficiency of processes.
- Plan sanitation, ventilation, and heating systems.
- Design irrigation, drainage, and flood control systems.